The 1st CAPE-OPEN European Conference incorporating CO-LaN Annual General Meeting 2004 took place on February 13th, 2004 near Leipzig, Germany. The meeting was hosted by Dow. Meeting place: Schlosshotel Schkopau, Am Schloss, 06258 Schkopau.
Seventeen participants attended the meeting including representatives from Dow, BP, Shell, TOTAL, IFP, Technische Universität Hamburg-Harburg, BASF, Fantoft Process, AspenTech, SimSci, HTRI, NEL, UPC and PSE. Several technical presentations were arranged:
- Thermo SIG report by Werner MERK, The Dow Chemical Company
- Thermo 1.1 revisited by Michel PONS, TOTAL
- UNIT SIG report by Celeste COLANTINIO, Shell
- Interoperability SIG report by Peter BANKS, BP
- CO-LaN Consultancy services by Peter BANKS, BP
There was also a presentation by Costas PANTELIDES (Process Systems Enterprise Ltd) about gO:CAPE-OPEN and by Matthias POGODDA, Technische Universität Hamburg-Harburg about SolidSim.