Within the 1st CAPE-OPEN European Conference, Werner MERK (The Dow Chemical Company), leader of the Thermo Special Interest Group, gave a presentation (PDF, 172 Kbytes) on the activities of the SIG all along 2003.
Werner starts by stating what is the charter of the Special Interest Group, as approved by CO-LaN Management Board, and its key responsabilities. He lists next the organizations and their representatives who are members of the Thermo Special Interest Group as of February 2004.
The achievements of the Thermo SIG in 2003 are then summarized:
- Aspentech implemented the Thermodynamic and Physical Properties interface specification (1.0) in Aspen Plus V12.1 and resolved performance issues with the implementation.
- Aspentech contributed heavily to a document gathering recommendations on how to optimize the implementation of the CAPE-OPEN interfaces for thermodynamics.
- The Thermo SIG also conducted a revision of the IDL version of the CAPE-OPEN textual specification and released a consistent Type Library for developers to use.
- The version 1.1 of the Thermodynamic and Physical Properties interface specification has been finalized and is ready for publication.
- A Tester module and a prototype implementation of a Property Package implementing this new version have been developed.
- Enhancements to version 1.1 to manage solids have been agreed upon. They will be implemented in SolidSim since TUHH has chosen version 1.1 as its basis of development.
Werner then goes on with the goals set for 2004. The focus will be on implementation, mostly how to make it easier for developers, now that the specification design phase of version 1.1 is past.