CO-LaN Management Board advanced its regular monthly meeting of August to today from 2 pm till 3:30 pm Central European Time.
- Approval of July 8 minutes
- Update on 2021 finances
- COBIA Phase III
- Marshaling: detailed design status
- Next step: implementation and proof of concept
- Software Services
- CWAF#02 Status: CAPE-OPEN Type Libraries/Primary Interop Assemblies distribution
- CWAF#03 status: design of Test Suite
- CWAF#04: 1st prototype of Test Suite
- COLTT maintenance
- PSRE Co
- IOGP-DISC: proposal of endorsement for CAPE-OPEN
- CTO roles
- Actions Review
- BASF (represented by Norbert ASPRION),
- LINDE (represented by Oliver KOCH),
- Shell (represented by Richard BAUR),
- Michel PONS (CTO/contractor),
- Stenhouse Simulations Ltd (represented by Bryn STENHOUSE).
- Minutes of the Management Board meeting on July 8, 2021 were approved.
- COBIA Phase III
- CTO informed Management Board of a significant cost overrun in the design phase of generic marshaling and, as stated by Methods & Tools Special Interest Group, of the need to launch now the implementation phase of this design. Management Board accepted the cost overrun and launched the implementation phase that will be demonstrated at the CAPE-OPEN 2021 Annual Meeting as per the scenario proposed by the Methods & Tools Special Interest Group.
- Software services
- CWAF#02: CTO reported the availability of a candidate release for the CAPE-OPEN Type Libraries / Primary Interop Assemblies distribution, to be reviewed later today by Methods & Tools Special Interest Group
- CWAF#03: CTO reported that the design phase of the Test Suite is completed. Implementation (CWAF#04) is now underway.
- COLTT: Management Board agreed to the need for maintenance on this application and asked CTO to develop a work order.
- Siemens: Dr Richard BAUR held discussions with Siemens: Siemens reported that they were very happy with their collaboration with DOW and the use of CAPE-OPEN. Siemens were interested in the CAPE-OPEN hydrodynamic standard and flowsheet monitoring. They also liked the support received from CO-LaN.
- Fives: CTO informed Management Board that Fives (group C member) has designated a new representative.
- PSRE Co: CTO informed Management Board that PSRE, a Russian company that joined CO-LaN 10 years ago, has agreed to be an Associate Member in group A.
- International Association of Oil & Gas Producers (IOGP): the possibility to ask for endorsement of CAPE-OPEN by IOGP was discussed and a first draft of the endorsement request was reviewed.
- CTO roles: were discussed plans for replacing CTO and the possibility to split the roles fulfilled so far by Michel PONS.
Next Management Board meeting will take place on September 9, 2021.
Test Suite design phase completed / Implementation of COBIA generic marshaler launched