CO-LaN Management Board held its monthly meeting from 10 am till 11:30 am Central European Time.
- Approval of April minutes
- Financial status review
- CO-LaN Resource Planning
- MPT’s tasks/roles summary
- Communication Tools summary
- COBIA Phase III
- Software Services: CWAF#02 and CWAF#03
- BASF (represented by Norbert ASPRION),
- The Dow Chemical Company (represented by Michael BERGER),
- LINDE (represented by Oliver KOCH),
- Shell (represented by Richard BAUR),
- Michel PONS (CTO/contractor),
- Stenhouse Simulations Ltd (represented by Bryn STENHOUSE).
- Minutes of meeting 198 are approved by CO-LaN Management Board.
- Financial status: collection of membership fees from Full Members and Associate Members in Groups A and B is progressing with some delays to accommodate procurement processes.
- Resource planning
- Roles and tasks fulfilled by Michel Pons Technologie as CTO: the document developed to look for replacements to Michel PONS was reviewed pointing to several tasks to be added including those carried out by Bryn STENHOUSE.
- Communication tools: the memo listing the communication tools used by CO-LaN was discussed in light of its objective to see if it was possible to simplify the usage and maintenance of the toolset for a future Chief Technology Officer/Chief Certification Officer role.
- COBIA Phase III: Michel PONS reported that the high-level design for marshalling has been approved by the Methods & Tools Special Interest Group. Design of interfaces on marshallers is the current step.
- Software services:
- CWAF#02 (CAPE-OPEN Type Libraries/Primary Interop Assemblies): Michel PONS reported that there are still issues to resolve with the type library installers on machines that already have an earlier version installed.
- CWAF#03 (CAPE-OPEN Test Suite): Michel PONS reported that Malcolm WOODMAN has distributed the design document to his software vendor contacts. Feedback has been limited so far.
- Application by Dr David CAMERON from University of Oslo was reviewed. Management Board recommended seeking an application by University of Oslo with Dr CAMERON as its representative.
- Benefits: Management Board discussed the possible distribution by CO-LaN of the CAPE-OPEN components developed by AmsterCHEM.
- Classifications: based on information gathered and presented, the Management Board approved the classification of FIVES as a group C member.