CO-LaN Management Board held its regular monthly meeting from 2 pm till 4:30 pm Central European Time.
- Approval of December 2020 minutes
- Update on finance
- Provisional financial statements for 2020
- Outlook on 2021
- Classification of Associate Members in various Groups
- Formal recognition of HTRI as Associate Member
- Cancellations of membership
- Approvals for new contracts
- Actions review
- BASF (represented by Norbert ASPRION),
- BP (represented by Kathyrn YEARSLEY),
- The Dow Chemical Company (represented by Michael BERGER),
- LINDE (represented by Oliver KOCH),
- Shell (represented by Richard BAUR),
- Michel PONS (CTO/contractor)
- Update on finance: the deficit for fiscal year 2020 is around 3000 euros according to CO-LaN accountant after a limited audit performed by CO-LaN CTO. Deficit stands at much less than the expected loss voted at the Annual General Meeting in October 2019 (32500 euros). Less expenses is the reason, with some actions postponed from 2020 to 2021 (COBIA Phase III) or not happening (legal advice on Intellectual Property Rights). It is still too soon to figure out how 2021 will turn out since almost no membership fees have yet been collected.
- Membership: the concept of “commercial CAPE software vendors” used in the bylaws to designate Associate Members in Groups A and B was discussed. A decision tree will be prepared to help in defining in which group each Associate Member stands with approval of such decision tree expected at the next Management Board meeting (on February 11). Several Associate Members have formally notified CO-LaN of their resignation which has been approved: Intelligen Inc., CORYS SAS, INOSIM Software GmbH, P&I Design Ltd, VORtech BV, Kongsberg Digital AS.
- New contracts: to sustain the activities of CO-LaN in 2021, a new contract with MR Woodman Consulting Ltd has been approved for signature. It will provide up to 80 man-hours of service to CO-LaN on certification, supervision of self-test suite development and generally of work conducted by AmsterCHEM, Céondo GmbH and Marcus Bruno Fernandes Silva. Existing contracts with these three suppliers of software services were proposed for extension in 2021 and the extensions were approved for signature. These extensions, under the same financial terms as in 2020, provide the manpower necessary for major developments to come, at least till August 31, 2021. A new contract with Stenhouse Simulations Ltd to provide secretarial services to CO-LaN has also been approved up to a maximum of 120 man-hours, starting March 1, 2021.
Next Management Board meeting is scheduled for February 11, 2021.