The MATLAB® CAPE-OPEN Unit Operation is a unit operation implementation for which the calculations can be entered in MATLAB®. It has been developed and is maintained by AmsterCHEM.
The MATLAB® CAPE-OPEN Unit Operation functions in CAPE-OPEN compliant simulation environments that support version 1.1 thermodynamics or version 1.0 thermodynamics.
MATLAB® version 7.7 or higher must be installed. The MATLAB® CAPE-OPEN unit operation has been tested with MATLAB® versions 7.7, 7.8, 7.9, 7.10, 7.11, 7.12, 7.13, 7.14, 8.0, 8.1, 8.2, 8.3, 8.4, 8.5, 8.6, 9.0, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.4 and 9.5.
The MATLAB® CAPE-OPEN Unit Operation is at version 126.96.36.199 (October 15, 2018).
Reports of use:
- University of Utah (in Aspen Plus): Corredor, E. C., Chitta, P., & Deo, M. D. (2019). Techno-economic evaluation of a process for direct conversion of methane to aromatics. Fuel Processing Technology, 183, 55–61.
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology (in Aspen HYSYS):
- Hillestad, M., Ostadi, M., Alamo Serrano, G. D., Rytter, E., Austbø, B., Pharoah, J. G., & Burheim, O. S. (2018). Improving carbon efficiency and profitability of the biomass to liquid process with hydrogen from renewable power. Fuel, 234, 1431–1451.
- Dalane, K., Svendsen, H. F., Hillestad, M., & Deng, L. (2018). Membrane contactor for subsea natural gas dehydration: Model development and sensitivity study. Journal of Membrane Science, 556, 263–276.
- Usman, M., Hillestad, M., Deng, L., 2018. Assessment of a membrane contactor process for pre-combustion CO2 capture by modelling and integrated process simulation. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control 71, 95–103.
- Dalane K., Hillestadt M., Deng L., 2019. Subsea natural gas dehydration with membrane processes: Simulation and process optimization. Chemical Engineering Research and Design 142, 257-267.
- Technische Universität Dortmund (in Aspen Plus): Drechsler C., Alava J.M., Agar D.W., 2018, MATLAB® Unit Operation potential improvements for academic use, CAPE-OPEN 2018 Annual Meeting, Ludwigshafen, Germany.
- Technical University of Madrid: De María, R., Díaz, I., Rodríguez, M., et al., 2013, Industrial Methanol from Syngas: Kinetic Study and Process Simulation. International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering, 11(1), pp. 469-477.