The MATLAB® CAPE-OPEN Unit Operation is a unit operation implementation for which the calculations can be entered in MATLAB®. It has been developed and is maintained by AmsterCHEM.
The MATLAB® CAPE-OPEN Unit Operation functions in CAPE-OPEN compliant simulation environments that support version 1.1 thermodynamics or version 1.0 thermodynamics.
MATLAB® version 7.7 or higher must be installed. The MATLAB® CAPE-OPEN unit operation has been tested with MATLAB® versions 7.7, 7.8, 7.9, 7.10, 7.11, 7.12, 7.13, 7.14, 8.0, 8.1, 8.2, 8.3, 8.4, 8.5, 8.6, 9.0, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.4 and 9.5.
The MATLAB® CAPE-OPEN Unit Operation is at version 188.8.131.52 (January 4, 2021). Complete description can be found here and download page is here. Discussion forum about using this application and getting support from AmsterCHEM can be found within the forum dedicated to this Process Modelling Component on the CAPE-OPEN Forum proposed by CO-LaN.
Reports of use:
- University of Utah (in Aspen Plus): Corredor, E. C., Chitta, P., & Deo, M. D. (2019). Techno-economic evaluation of a process for direct conversion of methane to aromatics. Fuel Processing Technology, 183, 55–61.
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology (in Aspen HYSYS):
- Hillestad, M., Ostadi, M., Alamo Serrano, G. D., Rytter, E., Austbø, B., Pharoah, J. G., & Burheim, O. S. (2018). Improving carbon efficiency and profitability of the biomass to liquid process with hydrogen from renewable power. Fuel, 234, 1431–1451.
- Dalane, K., Svendsen, H. F., Hillestad, M., & Deng, L. (2018). Membrane contactor for subsea natural gas dehydration: Model development and sensitivity study. Journal of Membrane Science, 556, 263–276.
- Usman, M., Hillestad, M., Deng, L., 2018. Assessment of a membrane contactor process for pre-combustion CO2 capture by modelling and integrated process simulation. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control 71, 95–103.
- Dalane K., Hillestadt M., Deng L., 2019. Subsea natural gas dehydration with membrane processes: Simulation and process optimization. Chemical Engineering Research and Design 142, 257-267.
- Technische Universität Dortmund (in Aspen Plus): Drechsler C., Alava J.M., Agar D.W., 2018, MATLAB® Unit Operation potential improvements for academic use, CAPE-OPEN 2018 Annual Meeting, Ludwigshafen, Germany.
- Technical University of Madrid: De María, R., Díaz, I., Rodríguez, M., et al., 2013, Industrial Methanol from Syngas: Kinetic Study and Process Simulation. International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering, 11(1), pp. 469-477.