Aspen Properties provides state-of-the-art physical property data, methods, models, and algorithms. Engineers and chemists can easily perform calculations based on rigorous, proven thermophysical property models and data.
Use Aspen Plus to create CAPE-OPEN Property Packages based on Aspen Properties Compounds and Property Methods.
Reports of use:
- Pons M. and Vacher A., 2005. CAPE-OPEN and Simulis Thermodynamics Enable You to Use Rigorous Thermodynamics in MATLAB, Proceedings of the 2005 AIChE Annual Meeting, Cincinnati, OH, Paper 27b (November).
- Instituto Superior Técnico, Universidade de Lisboa: Braz, C.G., Mendes, A., … Matos, H.A., 2018. Model of an industrial multitubular reactor for methanol to formaldehyde oxidation in the presence of catalyst deactivation. Chemical Engineering Science.
- University of Sheffield: Oko, E., Ramshaw, C., & Wang, M. (2018). Study of intercooling for rotating packed bed absorbers in intensified solvent-based CO2 capture process. Applied Energy, 223, 302–316.
- National Tsing Hua University: Kang, J.L., Wong, D.S. H., … Tan, C.S., 2016. A comparison between packed beds and rotating packed beds for CO2 capture using monoethanolamine and dilute aqueous ammonia solutions. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control 46, 228–239. And Kang, J.L., Sun, K., … Tan, C.S., 2014. Modeling studies on absorption of CO2 by monoethanolamine in rotating packed bed. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control 25, 141–150.
- The University of Texas at Austin: Walters, M.S., Edgar, T.F., Rochelle, G.T., 2016. Dynamic modeling and control of an intercooled absorber for post-combustion CO2 capture. Chemical Engineering and Processing: Process Intensification 107, 1–10.
- East China University of Science and Technology/Wanhua Chemical Group Company Limited/Tianjin University: Hu, X., Cheng, H., Kang, X., Chen, L., Yuan, X., & Qi, Z. (2018). Analysis of direct synthesis of dimethyl carbonate from methanol and CO2intensified by in-situ hydration-assisted reactive distillation with side reactor. Chemical Engineering and Processing – Process Intensification, 129, 109–117. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cep.2018.05.007
- University of Hull: Oko, E., Wang, M., Olaleye, A.K., 2015. Simplification of detailed rate-based model of post-combustion CO2ca pture for full chain CCS integration studies. Fuel 142, 87–93.
- Universidade de Lisboa and Universidade de Coimbra: DOMINGUES, L., PINHEIRO, C.I.C., OLIVEIRA, N.M.C., 2014. Optimal design of reactive distillation systems: Application to the production of ethyl tert-butyl ether (ETBE). Computers and Chemical Engineering 64, 81–94. And DOMINGUES, L., PINHEIRO, C.I.C., OLIVEIRA, N.M.C., 2017. Economic comparison of a reactive distillation-based process with the conventional process for the production of ethyl tert-butyl ether (ETBE). Computers and Chemical Engineering, 100, 9–26.