CO-LaN Management Board held its regular monthly meeting from 2 pm till 3:30 pm Central European Time.
- Approval of January minutes
- April 2020 face-to-face meeting
- 2020 budget review
- Contracts for Software Services
- Associate member fee proposal
- Intellectual Property strategy
- Actions Review
- BASF (represented by Norbert ASPRION),
- BP (represented by Kathyrn YEARSLEY),
- LINDE (represented by Oliver KOCH),
- Shell (represented by Richard BAUR),
- Michel PONS (CTO/contractor),
- Stenhouse Simulations Ltd (represented by Bryn STENHOUSE).
- The January 2020 monthly Management Board minutes were approved without change.
- The 2020 April Face-To-Face meeting will be held on Tuesday 28/4/20 at the Linde facility, Pullach, near Munich, Germany.
- 2020 budget review:
- Michel PONS presented the latest summary for the available 2020 budget, with the caveat that he has not seen all the relevant expenses/invoices and so some figures were estimates.
- The deficit for 2019 is not as large as was previously estimated because some actions have or will take place in 2020 rather than in 2019: consultancy services delivered to Aspen Tech (€3600), HTRI (€2400) and KBC (€2400).
- Contracts for Software Services:
- MR Woodman Consulting Ltd has outlined the expected manhours and costs for 2020 and 2021 software development services. This showed a total 2020-2021 spend of €37,750 with approximately 20% required for supporting the Interoperability SIG software and the remaining 80% available for the test-suite development work. The spend is split across three contractors, AmsterCHEM, Céondo GmbH and Marcus Bruno Fernandes Silva. The expectation is that AmsterCHEM and Céondo GmbH will act in a consultancy capacity, with Marcus Bruno Fernandes Silva doing most of the day-to-day work.
- Drafts of the contracts with AmsterCHEM, Céondo GmbH and Marcus Bruno Fernandes Silva, as proposed by Michel PONS, were reviewed and additional clauses decided.
- Management board were generally in agreement with the proposed 2020-2021 spend, although they acknowledged that it was significantly higher than the budgeted amount.
- Associate Member fee proposal:
- Management Board asked Michel PONS to try and get a response to the membership fee proposal from as many software vendors as possible and then summarise the feedback and the reasons for staying with the proposed fee structure.
- Intellectual Property strategy:
- Michel PONS has produced a draft version of a spreadsheet summarising the IP strategy and licencing requirements for each of the CO-LaN documents and software packages. This will be developed further for the April face-to-face meeting.
Next meeting of the Management Board will be held on March 12, 2020.