The Chair of Computer Science 5 – Information Systems (RWTH-I5) works on the formal analysis, prototypical development, and practical testing of meta-information systems. These systems are used to document and coordinate the distributed design, integration, and evolution of database-centered applications in computer science. Our research topics include Engineering Information Systems, Metadata in Community Information Systems, Mobile Applications and Services, Database and Meta-Database Technology, Technology Enhanced Learning and Model Management.
RWTH-I5 is located at Ahornstrasse 55, D-52056 Aachen.
RWTH-I5 supported CO-LaN with a collaborative website and their Migration cookbook proved useful for the early implementations of CAPE-OPEN interfaces. RWTH-I5 contributed also to the development of a PME tester.
Several publications attest to the contribution RWTH-I5 made to CAPE-OPEN:
- Towards a Standardization Process for Component Based Architectures, J. Köller, M. Jarke, M. Schoop, R. Jardim-Goncalves, H. Cha, A. Steiger-Garcao (eds.), Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Concurrent Engineering (CE 2003), July 2003, Madeira, Portugal, pp 359-367, Balkema Publishers.
- Emerging business models, Jörg Köller, Thomas List, Christoph Quix, Mareike Schoop, Matthias Jarke, P. Edwards, M. Pons, B. Braunschweig/ R. Gani (eds.): Software Architecture and Tools for Computer-Aided Chemical Engineering. Elsevier 2002 (Series on Computer-Aided Chemical Engineering, vol. 11), pp. 557-587. ISBN 0-444-50827.9.
- Methods and tools for software architecture, Jörg Köller, J.-P. Belaud, Matthias Jarke, Alexander Kuckelberg,T. Teague. B. Braunschweig/ R. Gani (eds.): Software Architecture and Tools for Computer-Aided Chemical Engineering. Elsevier 2002 (Series on Computer-Aided Chemical Engineering, vol. 11), pp. 229-266. ISBN 0-444-50827.9.
- CO-LaN: Maintaining the CAPE-OPEN standard through a virtual organization, M. Pons, B. Braunschweig, K. Irons, J. Köller, A. Kuckelberg, P. Roux. Proc. of the 6th World Congress of Chemical Engineering.
- A Three-Phase Model of Electronic Marketplaces for Software Components in Chemical Engineering, M. Schoop, J. Köller, T. List, C. Quix. B. Schmid, K. Stanoevska-Slabeva, V. Tschammer (eds.): Towards the E-Society, Proceedings of the First IFIP Conference on E-Commerce, E-Government, E-Business. Zurich, Switzerland, October 2001, pp 507-522, Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- The CAPE-OPEN Laboratories Network: Standards for Interoperable Process Engineering Software Components, J. Köller, B. Braunschweig, K. Irons, Matthias Jarke,M. Pons. E-Work and E-Commerce, IOS Press, ISBN 1-58603-205-4, 2001, pp 1218-1224.
- A Virtual Organisation for Managing CAPE-OPEN (CO) Standards, J. Köller, B. Braunschweig, K. Irons, Alexander Kuckelberg, M. Pons, P. Roux. Proc. of the 5th Italian Conference on Chemical and Process Engineering, AIDIC Conference Series Vol. 5, 2001.
- CAPE-OPEN: Experiences from a Standardization Effort in Chemical Industries, M. Jarke, J. Köller, W. Marquardt, L. von Wedel, B. Braunschweig, Jakobs, K.; Williams, R. (eds): Standardisation and Innovation in Information Technology. Proc. 1st Int. Conf. on Standardisation and Innovation in Information Technology, SIIT ’99, Aachen, IEEE, ISBN 0-7803-9935-8, 1999.
On December 3, 2019, RWTH-I5 resigned from CO-LaN.