On March 9 and 10, 2006 CO-LaN held the 3rd CAPE-OPEN European Conference in conjunction with the CO-LaN Annual General Meeting. More than 50 people attended these events.
The objective of the Showcase is to celebrate the progress that has been made in achieving commercial interoperability via the CAPE-OPEN standards. The emphasis is on demonstration as well as presentation and the emphasis in the demonstration is on interoperability rather than functionality.
- Interoperability Support SIG achievements in 2005 by Peter Banks (BP)
- A look into the CAPE-OPEN kitchen of COCO by Dr Jasper van Baten (AmsterCHEM)
- HIDiC in Aspen Plus by Gregor Fernholz (PSE Ltd) and Michel Pons (CO-LaN CTO)
- Beyond compliance by Joseph Holmes (HTRI)
- CAPE and Property Packages: Air Liquide approach by Philippe Arpentinier (Air Liquide)
UniSim CAPE-OPEN Thermo and Unit Operation by Murugesh Palanisamy (HTSL)
INDISS with Thermo and Unit by Didier Paen (RSI)
Abstract: RSI is involved in CAPE-OPEN Unit SIG and has developed inside INDISS Process Modeling Environment an implementation of dynamic CAPE-OPEN unit operations. The latest development done is the steady state resolution with CAPE-OPEN unit operations. Steady state resolution is adapted for initialization of dynamic simulation, but the switch to dynamic resolution requires some specific constraints on network. After steady state resolution, the dynamic mode can be activated to test transient behaviour. This feature has been used with IFP CAPE-OPEN pipelines. Tests have been done also with external thermodynamic packages as Simulis Thermodynamics from Prosim SA and we are now evaluating testing solutions with CO-LaN support.