Available for download from here, CO-LaN makes available today a maintenance release of COBIA 1.2.0, the version which was distributed at the end of Phase II of COBIA development project. This release is referenced as version 220.127.116.11.
CO-LaN recommends that COBIA based applications are shipped with the latest COBIA Runtime. COBIA is targeting multiple platforms and fixes apply to issues found both on Linux and Windows platforms.
The distribution is made of three elements:
- a zipped file that contains merge modules that are used in 3rd-party installation packages to install COBIA Runtime (also known as COBIA Core),
- an installation package of these merge modules for 64-bit machines (to be used to repair an installation of the merge modules made by other means),
- an installation package of COBIA Software Development Kit (SDK).
COBIA Runtime can be freely used and redistributed. COBIA Runtime consists of middleware components that will be installed on the end-user’s computer during installation of COBIA-based Process Modelling Environments (PMEs) and Process Modelling Components (PMCs) developed by a software provider. The COBIA Runtime is intended to be distributed with and utilized by third-party software.
The COBIA Software Development Kit (SDK) is provided for free as a stand-alone installation package which distributes a set of components and tools that are used by a software developer to create software that utilizes COBIA as the middleware for CAPE-OPEN interoperability. The SDK includes code generators to help create the source code of interfaces developed from the CAPE-OPEN Interface Definition Language (IDL) specifically adapted to COBIA. The SDK installer installs COBIA Runtime as well.
Development and maintenance of COBIA is conducted by AmsterCHEM for CO-LaN.
Please refer to the list of tickets fixed by version 18.104.22.168. Find hereafter explanations for the most relevant support tickets that are resolved by this release:
- Ticket 179: resolves ECapeThrmPropertyNotAvailableHR conversion issues through COMBIA.
- Ticket 180: resolves registeredForAllUsers implementation error in COBIA DLL.
- Ticket 181: resolves assert firing when running in debug mode in the constructor of cape_open_error.
CO-LaN encourages all software developers to use version 22.214.171.124.
Previous release was version 126.96.36.199 released on June 21, 2023. Version 188.8.131.52 was downloaded 49 times for the SDK installer, 36 times for the archive of runtime merge modules, and 41 times for the runtime installer since it was made available.
Questions on COBIA 1.2 can be posted on the CAPE-OPEN forum dedicated to COBIA.