Technische Universität Berlin (TU Berlin) has informed CO-LaN that a new person has been designated to represent them within CO-LaN where TU Berlin holds a Corporate Associate Membership since November 2011.
Back in 2011, when TU Berlin was approved as Associate Member in CO-LaN, Dipl. Ing Robert KRAUS represented TU Berlin in CO-LaN. Then when Robert left TU Berlin to work for Bayer in 2014, Dr.-Ing. Gregor TOLKSDORF was designated as representative. Gregor has been very active with respect to CAPE-OPEN: he has presented his work at several CAPE-OPEN Annual Meetings (2015, 2017) and contributed to a number of papers describing the various aspects of CAPE-OPEN within MOSAICmodeling. CO-LaN thanks Gregor for a long and intense involvement with CAPE-OPEN on behalf of TU Berlin.
Erik is a graduate of TU Berlin and finished his doctorate in Sept. 2015. As of January 2016, Erik is a PostDoc at Prof. REPKE’s department at TU Berlin and the junior group leader in charge of modeling, simulation, and optimization. Erik has an impressive background/inside knowledge of MOSAICmodeling, Apart from Gregor, Erik was the researcher most involved in CAPE-OPEN at TUB for the last four years, and he is now the person in charge at TUB of all operations regarding MOSAICmodeling.
Together with Gregor, Erik is the co-author of a number of publications on CAPE-OPEN/MOSAICmodeling:
- Esche, E. , Hoffmann, C. , Illner, M. , Müller, D. , Fillinger, S. , Tolksdorf, G. , Bonart, H. , Wozny, G. and Repke, J. (2017), MOSAIC – Enabling Large‐Scale Equation‐Based Flow Sheet Optimization. Chemie Ingenieur Technik, 89: 620-635. doi:10.1002/cite.201600114
- Merchan, V. A., Esche, E. , Fillinger, S. , Tolksdorf, G. and Wozny, G. (2016), Computer‐Aided Process and Plant Development. A Review of Common Software Tools and Methods and Comparison against an Integrated Collaborative Approach. Chemie Ingenieur Technik, 88: 50-69. doi:10.1002/cite.201500099
- Bublitz, S. , Esche, E. , Tolksdorf, G. , Mehrmann, V. and Repke, J. (2017), Analysis and Decomposition for Improved Convergence of Nonlinear Process Models in Chemical Engineering . Chemie Ingenieur Technik, 89: 1503-1514. doi:10.1002/cite.201700041
- Gregor Tolksdorf, Erik Esche, Günter Wozny, Jens-Uwe Repke, Automatic Generation of Simulation Code for Embedding Custom Unit Operations in CAPE Software, Editor(s): Antonio Espuña, Moisès Graells, Luis Puigjaner, Computer Aided Chemical Engineering, Elsevier, Volume 40, 2017, Pages 463-468.
- Gregor Tolksdorf, Erik Esche, Jasper van Baten, Günter Wozny, Tailor-Made Modeling and Solution of Novel Process Units by Modular CAPE-OPEN-based Flowsheeting, Editor(s): Zdravko Kravanja, Miloš Bogataj, Computer Aided Chemical Engineering, Elsevier, Volume 38, 2016, Pages 787-792, doi:10.1016/B978-0-444-63428-3.50136-3.
CO-LaN welcomes Erik and wishes him the best in his CAPE-OPEN activities.