Since June 2006, Michael HALLORAN has been contracted by CO-LaN to provide services on such topics as:
- Developing CAPE-OPEN interface specifications;
- Developing specifications and designs for CAPE-OPEN related software;
- Providing written reviews of implementations being undertaken by other parties;
- Providing written reviews of CAPE-OPEN related documents and other materials;
- Advising and guiding third parties engaged in CAPE-OPEN implementation work;
- Developing CAPE-OPEN software according to agreed specifications;
- Advising on technical issues affecting the standards – for example supporting a .NET implementation;
Back in 2009, Michael HALLORAN took over from SHMA Ltd the maintenance and the development of COLTT and is still the prime developer of this major deliverable from CO-LaN. Michael is also in charge of developing the CAPE-OPEN Type Libraries and Primary Interop Assemblies installers.
CO-LaN strongly values the continued relationship with Michael HALLORAN.
Over the last contractual period, Michael has worked on the installation packages and merge modules for the CAPE-OPEN Type Libraries and Primary Interop Assemblies, to resolve issues encountered by software vendors when using them in their installation procedures, has participated to the Interop Special Interest Group (SIG) activities as well as to the joint Methods & Tools and Interop SIGs meetings. He has reviewed the installation memo for the COBIA installation procedures put out by the Methods & Tools SIG and has enhanced COLTT for the logging of energy and information streams/ports.