The purpose of the Consultancy Services scheme is to provide assistance, in the form of access to a specialist consultant and funding, in the new implementation of CAPE-OPEN interfaces or the improvement of existing interface implementations. CO-LaN’s intent in providing this service is to encourage the full implementation of efficient and error free interfaces, and consequently to increase the uptake and seamless usage of the CAPE-OPEN interfaces.
Benefits of the Consultancy Services scheme to the recipient
CO-LaN funds up to 80 hours of Consultancy Services. The Consultancy Services are currently provided by Jasper van Baten of AmsterCHEM (the Provider), one of the world’s leading experts in CAPE-OPEN. Jasper implemented many CAPE-OPEN interfaces and has an impressive record of delivering development services.
Terms & Conditions of the Consultancy Services scheme
Funding and selection process
- The Consultancy Services scheme is open to any Associate Member of CO-LaN
- Applications for the Consultancy Services scheme are reviewed annually.
- Acceptance of an application is at the sole discretion of the CO-LaN Management Board.
- No single Associate Member is permitted to receive more than a total of 80 consultancy hours in the five year period from the start date of the Consultancy Services scheme, unless agreed by the unanimous decision of the Management Board.
- No intellectual property right is conferred on CO-LaN through the use of the Consultancy Services by a CO-LaN Associate Member
- If the results of the work carried out by the Provider is deemed to be confidential, the recipient of the Consultancy Services needs to put in place a separate confidentiality agreement between them and the Provider.
- CO-LaN does not expect to be party to any such confidentiality agreement, but would need to approve the terms of the confidentiality agreement between the recipient and the Provider, before the CO-LaN funding is released. In particular, such an agreement must not prevent the Provider from working for any other CO-LaN Associate Member in the future
- CO-LaN will accept no liability for any issues with CAPE-OPEN interfaces developed under Consultancy Services.
How to apply?
CO-LaN is regularly issuing calls for Consultancy Services requests. These calls are announced on the CO-LaN website and advertised in the CAPE-OPEN Newletter. The latest call for requests ended on August 31, 2016. No call for requests is currently available.
The Consultancy Services scheme has been completed six times. The first action was reported at the CAPE-OPEN 2014 Annual Meeting: the Unit Operation socket in UniSim Design (Honeywell) was re-engineered. The second action on the wrapping of a ChemSep Property Package has been completed in April 2015 and has been reported at the CAPE-OPEN 2015 Annual Meeting.Another action was advising Vortech on developing a CAPE-OPEN thermodynamic socket in Modelica. Another one was to develop a CAPE-OPEN Unit Operation socket in VMGSim. Another action was to advise Aspentech on their implementation of version 1.1 of the Thermodynamic and Physical Properties interface specification in Aspen Plus by conducting interoperability tests. And finally Intelligen will be helped in the implementation of a CAPE-OPEN Unit Operation socket in SuperPro Designer®.
Do not hesitate to contact Michel Pons if you have questions about the Consultancy Services scheme and its application.