The Interoperability SIG met from 9 am till 10 am European Central Time.
Various software released by CO-LaN, versioning of CAPE-OPEN standard and its related “products”.
- Currently waiting on decision by CO-LaN Management Board on choice of new licence to cover all CO-LaN software: once a decision has been made on new licence, Michael HALLORAN will add a copyright & licence notice to the source code of installers.
- Michel PONS and Michael HALLORAN need to develop documentation of how type library installers should be used, especially the recommendation that the type library should be used via import statement (“just use these lines, don’t ask questions”!).
- Aim to release a new release of the installer v1.1, including:
- Upgrade to latest version of WiX,
- Custom Data interface specification,
- 64-bit components to be marked as 64-bit,
- Resolution of issue of installing both 32-bit and 64-bit merge modules,
- Shared components need to be marked as shared (supports advanced patching),
- Use conditional setdirectory directive to distinguish common file locations in a per user install
- Michael HALLORAN to re-build COLTT in latest version (2019) of Visual Studio Community Edition and the latest version of WiX.
- Complete work to get COLTT build working with VS 2019 and 2013 Toolset and commit
- COLTT installer doesn’t include type library installer
- Could be included, as a safety precaution, in case COLTT is installed first
- Issue re 32-bit vs. 64-bit.
Any CO-LaN member with interest in the development of the set of software tools offered by CO-LaN is welcome to join. If you have the necessary expertise in programming and CAPE-OPEN, you are welcome to contribute. Please contact Malcolm WOODMAN, leader of the Interoperability SIG for further information.