On October 8, 2018 a training course is offered by CO-LaN on COBIA. Making use of the deliverables of COBIA Phase II, participants will be able to create a Unit Operation relying on COBIA and to make use of it in a Process Modelling Environment.
The course will cover:
- Why COBIA? (what is a middleware, what is COM, how to achieve efficient data handling between components, etc…)
- How COBIA differs from COM? (Unified Data Types, error handling, persistence, etc…)
- How to implement interfaces using COBIA? (Wizard, distributions available, COBIA command line code generator, etc…)
- How to benefit from COBIA more efficient data handling? (pre-allocated storage, COBIA means caller allocates, etc…)
- Roadmap for transition (phases of COBIA project, COM persistence versus COBIA persistence, etc…)
The course is kindly hosted by BASF and will take place at BASF-Feierabendhaus in Ludwigshafen, Germany.