Revise and develop the necessary CAPE-OPEN interface standards for the use of Refinery Reactor models in Process Modelling Environments
- Develop required extensions to existing interface specifications necessary to implement refinery reactor models as CAPE OPEN This may lead to the creation of new interfaces.
- Promote implementation of petroleum fractions in PMEs and PMCs.
- Deliver results back to the existing SIGs whereon this SIG can be closed.
No current leader
Deliverables for 2009
- Engage unit and thermo SIG on modifications required for petroleum fractions.
- Further refine scenarios to cover functionality required for implementation.
- Initiate approval process of the petroleum fractions interface specification.
- Finalize two independent prototypes for demonstration at the 2010 Conference.
No meeting scheduled.
In February 2006, the creation of a Special Interest Group dedicated to Refinery Reactors was proposed by BP and Shell. The kick-off meeting took place on June 20-21, 2006 at BP offices near Chicago.
Objectives of this SIG currently assigned to the UNIT SIG.