CO-LaN has been informed today of the release of version 8.0 of OGT Suite by Optimized Gas Treating, Inc. This version includes the ProTreat CAPE-OPEN Property Package that was announced and demonstrated at the CAPE-OPEN 2022 Annual Meeting.
CO-LaN welcomes the availability of a new CAPE-OPEN Property Package. Used together with ProTreat CAPE-OPEN Unit Operation, the ProTreat CAPE-OPEN Property Package ensures thermodynamic consistency throughout a flowsheet developed in any PME supporting CAPE-OPEN for interoperability.
This new version comes with the following advances in ProTreat® and SulphurPro®:
Thermal Oxidizer and Stack
- Two new SulphurPro blocks to model sulphur plant incineration
- Rigorous kinetics model for the destruction of reduced sulphur species, carbon monoxide, hydrogen and ammonia
- Rigorously model both natural draft and forced draft flowsheet configurations
- Calculate pressure drop through the vessels
- Stack hydraulic calculations with an insufficient stack draft warning.
- Component-wise emissions reporting in Stack
Sulphur Storage Block
- New SulphurPro block to model sulphur storage and degassing
- Rigorous kinetics for H2S degassing from liquid sulphur
- Calculate H2S evolution with a specified sweep gas inlet
- Optional sparge gas inlet for modeling degassing
- Options for calculating Catalytic degassing include Morpholine, Ammonium Sulfite, Aromatic Amine, and Urea
- Account for oxidation of evolved H2S to SO2 in the headspace
- Represent various configurations such as in-pit degasser, sulphur pit, above ground sulphur storage tank, etc.
CAPE-OPEN Property Package
- ProTreat® is now a CAPE-OPEN compliant property package plug
- Create property packages from ProTreat with desired compounds and thermodynamic method
- Use within any CAPE-OPEN compliant thermodynamic socket
Hybrid Solvents Properties Update
- Incorporated several new data sets for physical and transport properties for hybrid solvent mixtures of sulfolane and amines
- Better agreement with plant data
DIPA Heat Capacity Refit – Refit of DIPA heat capacity to give better agreement with field data