Following a decision taken by the CO-LaN Management Board on November 12, 2020, the contract has been signed today by CO-LaN that renews Michael HALLORAN as consultant to CO-LaN from June 1st, 2020 till May 31st, 2021. A maximum of 60 man-hours will be provided to CO-LaN by Michael HALLORAN over the period.
Since June 2006, Michael HALLORAN has been contracted by CO-LaN to provide services on such topics as:
- Developing CAPE-OPEN interface specifications;
- Developing specifications and designs for CAPE-OPEN related software;
- Providing written reviews of implementations being undertaken by other parties;
- Providing written reviews of CAPE-OPEN related documents and other materials;
- Advising and guiding third parties engaged in CAPE-OPEN implementation work;
- Developing CAPE-OPEN software according to agreed specifications;
- Advising on technical issues affecting the standards – for example supporting a .NET implementation;
Back in 2009, Michael HALLORAN took over from SHMA Ltd the maintenance and the development of COLTT and has been the primary developer of this major deliverable from CO-LaN. Michael was also put in charge of developing the CAPE-OPEN Type Libraries and Primary Interop Assemblies installers. Michael HALLORAN’s work falls into the activities of the Interoperability Special Interest Group.
Over the last contractual period (June 1st, 2019 – May 31st, 2020), Michael HALLORAN has handed over his knowledge and expertise to the new consultants hired by CO-LaN, specifically on the CAPE-OPEN Logging and Testing Tool and on the CAPE-OPEN Type Libraries and Primary Interop Assemblies.
CO-LaN strongly values the continued relationship with Michael HALLORAN.