address : Department of Chemical Engineering
Technical University of Denmark
DTU - Building 229
DK- 2800 Kgs. Lyngby
phone : +45 45 25 28 00
Approval date : 28/8/2002
PROSYS originally joined CO-LaN as CAPEC. PROSYS was created in June of 2014 as a result of the merger between the Computer Aided Process Engineering Center (CAPEC) and the Center for Process Engineering and Technology (PROCESS)
- Establish CAPEC as a center of excellence for research & education in computer aided process engineering (CAPE) and process systems engineering (PSE).
- Establish a consortium of industrial member companies.
- Develop of state of the art technologies in the area of CAPE/PSE through collaboration/partnership with industrial member companies & academic institutions.
- Partnerships with Nordic CAPE/PSE centers.
- Efficient but flexible management with emphasis on education, research & service to industrial member companies.
- Play a leading role in the national and international chemical engineering & CAPE/PSE communities.
CAPEC was a member of the Global CAPE-OPEN project and a founding Member of CO-LaN.
Professor GANI was the representative of CAPEC in CO-LaN since CAPEC joined and till Professor GANI retired from DTU at the end of 2017.
CAPE-OPEN related activities
CAPEC/PROSYS conducted several research projects involving CAPE-OPEN and published:
Interoperability between Modelling Tools (MoT) with Thermodynamic Property Prediction Packages (Simulis® Thermodynamics) and Process Simulators (ProSimPlus) Via CAPE-OPEN Standards, together with ProSim SA.